« Home | Dislikes II » | E201 » | Greatest Achievement Ever! » | Dislikes I » | Oscars 2006 » | Women I'm currently in love with... » | Is it 1968? » | The Reverse Peephole » | Olympics Update XIII » | Olympics Update XII »

Unanswered Questions

Disclaimer: This post is not for the closed minded. Seriously, if you don't want to hear things you may not like, go visit a much better website or do something else, don't read this.

The time is currently 12:36 on Monday, the 27th of March, 2006. My Sunday night leading up to this point has been spent watching a video, nearly an hour and a half in length, about the events of September 11, 2001. I remember exactly where I was that day and I remember watching every single piece of horror unfold. It didn't make sense at the time to question what happened, even now it's considered insensitive, unpatriotic, even villainous to question what may or may not have happened that day. But just because it seems wrong, does that mean no one should ask questions?

The video I have been watching, along with a few of my housemates, was put together by a group called Loose Change. What they present is a video arguing that what reportedly happened on 9/11 didn't, in fact, happen. If you care to watch it I have put a link down below, I'd just like to preface the video with some textual relations.

For the most part, the video is all fact. Loose Change went to great lengths to find out what happened that day and there is great video, audio, and documented evidence to support its claim. However, the narrator can't help but take jabs at our government and some government officials from time to time. Loose Change also does a good job of answering questions that one would inevitably ask while watching the video. After watching it twice (Yes twice, I know I could've been doing homework, but I find this fascinating) I have essentially only 3 questions.

(1) Who could have possibly authorized the strategic death of thousands of Americans?
(2) Who really stands to benefit? Why would the government do this just to gain more control of its citizens? There has to be easier ways of doing it.
(3) If all the conspiracies are wrong, why isn't the government saying anything?

I'm not saying what Loose Change presents actually happened. There are parts I disagree with and, in cases like these, there is usually some evidence they left out to make one side look better than another. What I am saying is that much of the evidence speaks for itself and if you are not opened minded you will simply ignore the evidence or cast it off as lies. Exercise common sense when watching this video and understand what makes something fact or opinion. While my third question cannot obviously be addressed by this video, my first two are. There is not much hard evidence given by Loose Change to support my second question, just a little bit at the end, but if the government has all this money Loose Change talks about, why is the deficit so large? As for my first question, Loose Change can't really answer it. The only thing they say about it is that once you get past the obvious question of "Who's responsible?" then can you see that things don't add up. I don't know who'd be to blame and that's what bothers me the most. I can, however, objectively watch this video without getting upset.

There is more at their website including some video about missiles attached to one of the planes that crashed into the WTC. Believe it fully, partially, or not at all, the video is very interesting and I encourage everyone to watch it. As a wise man told me, "Take it with a grain of salt."

Finally someone else is taking my point of view.

I've never been a consiprisy theroist, or a good speller, but this has got me going.

Ever since I saw a video about the Pentagon, I've been extremely skeptical about the events that took place on 9/11.

Post a Comment