« Home | Does my insurance cover that? » | Think it over » | Mmmm...sooo good. » | News of the day! » | Google Earth completes me » | Unanswered Questions » | Dislikes II » | E201 » | Greatest Achievement Ever! » | Dislikes I »

My 20th Birthday

Before you do anything, make sure you see the greatest post ever ("SUMMER JAM!") on Andrew Swanson's website. He is my hero.

http://seriouslyswanson.blogspot.com/

Now, onto my 20th birthday. It was pretty lousy. The weather in Bloomington was the worst it's been all year. It rained non-stop for nearly the whole day, but I had places to go and horrible, awful classes to attend. I also had to finish my nonsensical Spanish homework. After classes, I bought myself a birthday pizza and breadsticks and ate until I couldn't eat anymore. Then I took a nap. This is where it gets interesting...

Not interesting really; more like infuriating. Let me just say two things that will put the final sentence in perspective.

1) Things I wanted to have happen didn't happen.
2) I have a lot of problems that I just can't seem to correct.

Final sentence = I ended up drinking two bottles of Vick's 44 Multi-Symptom cough medicine alone.

Andrew Swanson is not only my hero for his posts, but also because he is much smarter than me. He would know that drinking 2 bottles of Vick's is a bad idea, but I'm the kind of person who has to figure out what constitutes a "bad idea." (i.e. - I'm a moron.) Since I had no booze and nowhere to go for my birthday, I decided that in order to alter my conscience, Vick's was the best way to go. I bought the bottles from the convenience store in my dorm and took them up to my room. The first bottle was somewhat difficult to get through and I ended up chasing the medicine like it was a shot. After I was used to its taste, the second bottle went down easier.

For those of you who think you can get drunk off of Vick's, you're wrong. It's only 10% alcohol. I was not drunk; I don't know what the hell I was and I don't know what the hell possessed me to do it. All I know is that my vision was blurred, my movements were very slow, and I didn't feel very good. I drank some water to settle my stomach then I tried to lay down. This didn't work and I felt like I was going to throw up. I decided to go smoke a birthday cigar and this was a brilliant decision. It was so relaxing sitting outside in the cool breeze as the cigar warmed my insides. When the cigar was out, I went back to my room and sat down at my computer. Then I started to trip balls.

I started talking online some more and then decided to create a post. This is not that post. I read the earlier post after I came back from a long walk which did wonders to clear my head. What I had previously written was a garbled mess of paranoia and panic. I would have posted it, but no one would have believed it. That and I wrote way too much personal information. In it, I talked about how my head was spinning and how it felt like I kept leaning and/or sliding out of my chair. I also wrote that it felt as if I was typing on my computer (which felt like a desktop computer instead of a laptop) from a ladder that was 8 feet away. I made numerous references to my own death in the earlier post and talked about facing mortality at the age of 20. I was positive that I was going to die and I attempted to write my legacy. I also wrote something about how I kept scanning the room expecting to see the Grim Reaper behind me. (As I started my walk, I remember frequently turning around to see if anyone was following me.) I was going to "fight off death" by not sleeping because I was convinced that if I fell asleep I would never wake up. (I probably got this from the IU student who passed away in her sleep Wednesday morning, may she rest in peace.)

Moral of the story: Hallucinogenic drugs are not for Alex.

This was an incredibly bad decision and I cannot envision myself ever doing this again. I think way too much as it is and I certainly don't need anything to help increase my paranoia. I was literally freaking out for at least an hour. I have not slept. Hopefully my weekend goes better than this.

At least you aren't dead...wait, I'm gonna go check.

hey so i have a similar experience. i took a bunch of random pills, probably 20 in all, and at least 8 of them were like drowsy-type pills and i totally can relate to the paranoia and slow-motion-ness you were talking about. it was super trippy. it sucked a lot and scared the crap out of me. I'm glad i have someone to share my experience with now. that is all.

Post a Comment