« Home | 500 Shots » | Blasphemous! » | A Senseless Blowhard » | A Class Act » | Summer nears... » | My 20th Birthday » | Does my insurance cover that? » | Think it over » | Mmmm...sooo good. » | News of the day! »

Ricky Manning Jr.

Ricky Manning Jr. is a cornerback in the NFL who just recently signed a 5 year deal with the Chicago Bears. He is a fine player and fills a hole in the Bears' secondary as Azumah has retired. This keeps the Bears' defense stout at all levels and I have high hopes for the upcoming season. However, Manning's signing is not the only reason he is in the news.

Manning is in the news because he and a bunch of his friends beat up a nerd at Denny's.

I don't even know where to start... I guess I'll go with the obvious first.

The contract he signed was 21 million dollars, not to mention all the millions he made playing for Carolina, so why the hell is he eating at Denny's?! Denny's?! Come on! Not only did they eat at Denny's, but the Denny's they were at was in Los Angeles. You're telling me that the all day Grand Slam breakfast deals were the best source of food they could find in LA? Good grief. Eating at Denny's is only acceptable if you are desperate and/or poor. That's it.

Now let's get to the beating.

I'm not going to say that beating up a nerd now and then isn't fun (cause it is), but the only indication that this guy was a nerd is because he was on a laptop. What do you expect when you're at a Denny's next to the UCLA campus? Even if this guy turns out to be the nerdiest kid in the history of forever, why would you possibly need four or five of your buddies to beat him up?

Imagine this situation...

You're a poor college student eating at Denny's next to an uber-rich NFL player and 4 or 5 of his buddies, who I'm assuming are bigger than Manning who is only 5' 8" but a rock of 185 pounds. You're minding your own business, perhaps typing a paper, and all of these guys you're next to start harassing you, calling you a "nerd" and a "geek."

If that was me, I'd be extremely uncomfortable, yet curious as to the age of these men. "Nerd" and "geek" aren't exactly words most adults throw around at a Denny's.

So after this guy complains to the manager (which makes me think he is kind of a nerd), he leaves and proceeds to get the living hell kicked out of him by all of these guys. They punched and kicked him until he was unconscious. This is where I draw the line on nerd-bashing. Teasing is fine, wedgies and swrilies are certainly acceptable, maybe even a punch in the gut or two, but a nerd isn't going to fight back anyway, so why the need to beat him into submission?

The only thing I can figure is that Manning and all his buddies are total assholes or were really really drunk. But if I had to speculate, I'd say that they are all assholes who were really really drunk.

This story is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and it completely baffles me. I feel bad for the guy they beat up because he didn't do a damn thing wrong. I also feel bad for Manning and his bully friends who still get their jollies off of beating up those they find inferior. Most of all, I feel bad for their stomachs because they all chose to eat at Denny's.

I'm going to eat at denny's when i'm in the nfl

hahaha

fuck the nfl

"only nfl prospect that reads your blog"

who wants to bet that, this mystery person is jon. haha i laugh

This man should get the death penalty. Being a nerd in our society is not tolerated!

I hope the "nerd" sues Manning for the entire 21 Million he is going to be getting from the Bears after he serves jail time for assault.

Great blog. I will keep reading.

Post a Comment