« Home | Why I Can't Write for Parade Magazine » | Here goes nothing... » | Happy now? » | Dislikes III » | Ricky Manning Jr. » | 500 Shots » | Blasphemous! » | A Senseless Blowhard » | A Class Act » | Summer nears... »

It doesn't get much better

I try to refrain from posting my "random thoughts" because I don't think anyone really wants to read about them. Hell, I wouldn't even want to read about my own thoughts. However, having just watched an entertainment story on CNN about Paris Hilton's new cd, I felt compelled to post my immediate reactions and thoughts about her music and her music video.

Firstly, I read the blurb and thought, "CD? I'm pretty sure it's spelled VD." (Haha, that just came to me!)

Okay now...let's get serious.

To be honest, it wasn't the most terrible thing I've ever heard. She has a single out entitled "Stars are blind" which is your typical cheesy girly pop song...only dumber. (But I'm sure you had already figured that out.) In the song, she talks about a guy who treats her with respect. I can only assume someone ghostwrote this for Paris because a man treating her with respect would be a completely foreign concept to her.

She says in the song that people view her on a superficial level while she sees herself as a real person. Remember though, stars are blind.

The song goes on, she frolics with her man-friend on the beach, the chorus repeats itself, she humps some trees, etc. It's all basic stuff, really. Anyway, Paris Hilton posing as a pop musician got me thinking about the pop music genre in general.

Now, I try not to be a music snob, but there are some things I cannot help but hate. For instance, since Paris Hilton is an attractive girl, she is able to cut a record (no matter how shitty), people at the label will do everything else, and the song will get airtime. It never fails. Take a cute girl singing (or pretending to sing) generic pop lyrics and people will inexplicably fall in love with the song. I hate this musical trend and unfortunately it will never cease.

The only thing I ask of record labels is this...

From now on, each and every cute/girly/cheesy pop song must be compared to B*Witched's song "C'est la vie." For me, this is the pinnacle of girly pop songs.

Now, I know what you're thinking, and yes...I'm aware that I am a tremendous hypocrite. I fully realize that the group B*Witched was just four cute girls who cut a cheesy pop record and let everyone else do the actual work. But come on! How fucking awesome was that song?!

Snakes on a Plane blog is coming! Don't fret!!
I'm s
sssssssso exsssssssssited!!