« Home | Creepers on the bus » | Sensual Senator » | Grimsley report » | La realidad contra Don Quixote » | Probably not a good sign... » | The Facts » | I'd fight 'em » | "Starbury" no more » | What's a crush to do? » | I got nothing. Don't read this. »

Torii Hunter

I'm "going to bat" for Torii Hunter. A lot of "foul balls" have criticized this former Fort Wayne Wizard for diving to catch a shallow pop fly in Game 2 of the ALDS between the Twins and A's.

To me, these disparaging remarks are "coming out of left field" because the same people criticizing him are the same people who have applauded his go-for-broke style of defensive play.

The reason Mark Kotsay was able to score on the play is because the right fielder, Michael Cuddyer, "struck out" on his duty to backup the play. He simply watched Hunter because he expected him to come up with the "home run" catch.

Time for me to "infield fly" out of here!