« Home | Kavalcade of Kartoon Komedy » | Hurricane Yogi » | LL Cool Jeans » | According to John » | Palin acceptance speech » | Making friends the wrong way » | Mayoral duties » | Preggers! » | ThrowbacKomedy » | Why I would make a better VP than Sarah Palin »

What's that?

So I'm sitting in S326, Spanish Linguistics, while the teacher is going over phones. If you don't know anything about linguistics, which I didn't until two weeks ago, phones are the arbitrary sounds we make that form words. "Mmm," for example, is the phone for the letter M. Anyway, the prof is using a computer speech program, a pretty damn good one too, as a teaching aid, when all of a sudden some lady, a teacher no less (you could tell by her age), comes in and says the following...

"Excuse me, but we can hear really loudly. Could you please turn that down?"

All I could think to say was, "Listen lady, it's not our fault that you can hear so loudly, okay? We're at a normal volume over here. I don't know what kind of super-sensitive ears you have, but maybe if you and your students can hear so loudly you should invest in some ear plugs. You know what? I bet our volume isn't bothering you at all, you just came in to brag about your excellent hearing abilities. The fact that I hear quietly doesn't make you a better person than me. Who the fuck do you think you are? Why don't you take your superhero ears and get the hell outta my classroom!"

"And stop abusing the English language!"